Tuesday, May 1, 2012

~darling diy cabin redo~

Hello everyone!

Happy Tuesday to you!
I seriously cannot believe it's May already!!

I came across this totally adorable
cabin makeover & just had to show you!

I am loving the the wood tones & boots with the 
greys......nothing better!


everything in the cabin was done on a 
 s.h.o.e.s.t.r.i.n.g.
budget.....to start off they pulled up 
the unsightly carpet and simply painted
the plywood subflooring with
Behr's Porch & Floor Paint in
"Shaded Hammock"


in the kitchen the owners removed the upper
cabinet doors & gave everything a fresh coat
of white paint....

oh don't you just LOVE that island????
So ADORE it & those storage bins...


in the living room ~ craigslist strikes again....
a cute cane sofa from the 20's gets
reupholstered with drop cloth fabric....
the chair & ottoman are from IKEA bought
at Goodwill...(SCORE!)
the totally awesome pull down map
she found on ebay for $30!!



they got super lucky & found this amazing
french pillow on close out at Restoration Hardware...
for get this....$24.99!
and the cute jars for $5!
the jars look so perfect grouped together!


after falling in love with the same table
at Restoration Hardware....
but not wanting to spend $3000 to purchase it ~
they got the free plans from
& made their own using a truckload
of free lumber!


and the chairs were a score as well....
$25 each....but needed to be repainted
because as found they were bright yellow....

I absolutely love the house numbers
on the stairs.....repainted from
brass to aqua....


isn't this home just full of inspiration???
doesn't it just make you want to start redoing
e  v  e  r  y  t  h  i  n  g  
around you???
and jump on craigslist/pinterest/all blogs
at the same time??? for more inspiration??

wait!!!
cuz there's a couple more pics to show you...

so hang on before you run out to Home Depot....
cuz you may want to buy some pipes at the same
time you buy dropcloth & house numbers....


look at the adorable desk???
yep ~ made with steel pipes found at Home Depot....

got your list together yet??
don't forget to stop at the salvage store for
some old doors & casters cuz you will need them
to make this.....


ok....I am seriously scoping our house to see
where I could   p  o  s  s  i  b  l  y
install doors like this!
are you loving absolutely everything here??

one more little eensy weensy project you could
do the minute you leave me a comment ;) 
I'm sure you've got all the supplies on hand....


cutest little lampshade makeover
using mod podge & dictionary pages....
love it.

ok....I am done...
you may now go completely insane
redoing your home...
go on now....
don't be shy....:)

are you thinking about it??
are your wheels turning??
I know mine are....:)

Have a great week guys!!




xoxoxo,


Shellagh



{all images via Country Living}

35 comments:

PURA VIDA said...

Love your new background. Great post thanks for your work!

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

I love everything about this place. Thanks for sharing, lots of great inspiration:)

My Shabby Roses said...

You are not kidding! Every page is inspirational so many ideas. It did make me want to tear down and pull up and everything else to redo. Love it....now I'm off to eBay the ideas are flowing! Have a great day.
Debbie

Linden Townhouse said...

I loved looking at this home when my Country Living magazine arrived. Hands down, those sliding doors were my favorite.

MARY PERNULA said...

Very cute ideas, I need to do a door with casters on it and the lamp shade, now how adorable is that. Have fun deciding on what you are going to tackle. Mary

house things said...

Wow...I do love everything about this home! Thanks for sharing.

kathee said...

YESSSSS MY WHEELS ARE SPINNING!! Making my list of what to tear out...I love those doors!
I missed you at Monticello last month...hope to see you soon girl!
xok
Thanks for sharing all the ideas...

A Cottage Muse said...

I loved this feature!!
I blogged about it too!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Makes me want to buy an old beat up house and redo it all that way!

Love this inspirational house - they did a great job!

Thanks!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

This is seriously the most gorgeous house I have seen in a long time!!~
I am truly in LOVE with it!!
Thanks for the inspiration Shellagh and have a lovely day!!~
Sincerely,
Melinda

Sarina said...

Looks stunning.
A real inspiration,


Sarina

It's me said...

Beautiful inspirated post !!.....lovely week darling...enjoy...laugh.....xxx...

helen tilston said...

How imaginative and such creativity. This has lead to a beautiful home.
Helen xx

Fleaing France & French Shopping Tours said...

Really great ideas for decorating with style while saving money. Thank you for sharing!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Okay, I have seriously been to your blog like 5 times today looking at this house!!
I told hubby we need to start changing things, immediately! :)
Have a great night!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Julie said...

Hi Shellagh - I saw this article in Country Living. I called my niece right away and offered to do the sliding doors for her when she gets her next place. I love them and wish I had room. I did pick up a couple of free doors this week but I have a potting bench in mind for them. J

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh....well thanks ALOT! Now I've got more projects on the Honey-Do list! hehehe! But they ARE fabulous, Shellagh! LOVE them all!!! xoxoxoxo laurie

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I have seen this house...I love everything about it..what amazing people they are to do all that on such a small budget....hope your well! xoox

Wild Oak Designs said...

I love the imagination in the cabin! There are such great ideas! Perfect....I love coming to your blog for yummy ideas like that...

EllenaElizabeth said...

That's a lovely and innovative makeover. Thanks for posting.

White Butterfly said...

wonderful home..i love the colours..i love everything..lol

greetings Nadine

SHERRY HART said...

Seriously....could not be any cuter!

busana muslim said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

kerry said...

I'm loving this! makes me want to throw out my entire house and start again! Loving your blog too, All best wishes from Kerry at ilovemyhomeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Miss Gracie's House said...

That really was a fun and creative space...I think the sliding doors are my favorite!
Rene'

thistlewoodfarm said...

I found this post this morning and I truly love it. I am going over to Country Living and pinning and pinning and pinning. I cannot thank you enough for this AWESOME inspiration.

EXACTLY my style (well....okay.....what I wish my style was :)

blessings,
karianne

Catarina Santi said...

these is to beautiful, i love this house :D

Catarina Santi said...

these is to beautiful, i love this house :D

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our dialogue made here.

Check out my homepage: germany

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us useful information to
work on. You have done a outstanding job!

Also visit my page vakantiehuisje frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent website. I stumbledupon it
;) I am going to return once again since I book marked it.

Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you
be rich and continue to help others.

Feel free to visit my blog post; vakantiehuisjes frankrijk

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from
now on each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment.
Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me from that service?

Thanks a lot!

Feel free to visit my web site: vakantieparken frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would like to subscribe for this weblog to
obtain newest updates, so where can i do it please help out.


Check out my web blog vakantiewoning huren

Anonymous said...

I am actually grateful to the holder of this web page who has shared this impressive
post at here.

Here is my webpage: vakantiehuizen

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can
be aware of it. Thus that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

Look at my weblog: luxe vakantiehuisje frankrijk huren ()

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.