Monday, October 24, 2011

~are we ready for....?~

Hello my friends!


Happy Monday!
It's half over....how's it been?
was it rough getting up this morning?



let's see.....for me.....
I "got up" the first time at 1:40 am....
Mr. T & T sprung out of bed thinking
he was going to...well....upchuck.


well a couple minutes hanging out in the
bathroom...and it appears all is well...
~and he's back in bed...
and I'm back to dreamland...

until......


4:48am.....when the shower turned on.

cuz Mr. T & T had an early flight to catch...
{this time not for the working out thing....he's doing that at lunch now...hee hee}
so I put a pillow over my head & snoozed another
20 minutes....


and then, at 5:08 woke up, got dressed
and drove him to the airport.....
~yawn~
and he's gone till Friday night...:(
not complainin' here cuz I know lots of hubby's
do this sort of thing....but I do miss him when he's gone....


but ya know what's shocking?
I'm not that cranky!
usually with that kind of night...I'm
not that happy the next day....
but not today....maybe it's the sunshine!

it's a little hard to be a grouch when the sun
is out & it's simply beautiful!



I fully expected to show you my 'wheelbarrow
remodel' today...but it's getting late
and I could not put off saying hello to you all
one more hour......


so instead I thought I would show you
some more pumpkin pictures....

have you seen enough yet??
are we ready for the next holiday??

I'm getting there.....


I'm painting some pumpkins today...
seen so many pics of pumpkins painted white ~  I thought
I'd give it a try!
I'll get 'em all painted up & let you know on Wed...


So......

how's your Monday going?
are ya ready for the week?
got any big plans?
got any big projects?


do share!



xoxo,



Shellagh






{pics via Southern Living}








12 comments:

GwendolynKay said...

I just love all your pumpkin pics.
I am now following your charming blog.
Blessings~

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Love all of your pumpkins!!!! Hope you get a good night sleep this evening!

~Cheryl

the old white house said...

loving all of the pumpkin inspiration! i may try the paint the pumpkin white thing ( just had a flash to alice in wonderland and painting the roses red!) we can't find any white ones around here this year. I seem to have many nights like that, I was just telling a friend that I just need one FULL nights sleep, so that I can function a bit better. no promises though! t. xoxoox

Unknown said...

my own hubby is away at the moment as well and i always miss him despite the fact that he travels ALL the time! I am still NOT all "foofed" up for all hallow's eve and have MUCH work to do before the little goblins knock on my door! your home is looking just lovely in its' autumn decor!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week...I get some of my best projects done when my husbands away! It used to be fun but now he expects big changes when he returns!

NO...I'm not ready for the next holiday. I'd like to keep fall around a little more. :)

wyogirl said...

Shellagh! I have been reading your blog for quite a while, ever since I stumbled on your wingback tutorial and successfully slipcovered my own wingback. Yay me! I hope you can help with another dilemma I have now. I am building a new house, kind of a craftsman/bungalow style and I need some inspiration for Address Plaques and House Numbers -- the pumpkin in your pic above got me inspired. Any ideas/inspiration in your bag of tricks for something more permanent? Would love to see what you might come up with.
Thanks!
Wyogirl

Seawashed said...

Well I did not find all these beautiful pumpkin photos at southern living! I did find one of them and posted it on my blog this morning:) I love all your photos...and no Im not tired of seeing them. Are you painting real pumpkins or fake? I look forward to seeing them. My hubby is working out of town during the weeks too...we are just thankful he's working. Everything is happier when he's working!(he was laid off for almost a year last year) I am ready for November...I've been re-decorating with just small changes here and there with stuff I already have but am going for a more nordic coastal style and a bit of industrial...grey and white with bits of black are what I'm drawn to this year...I'm even thinking of having a white and black(not alot) Christmas.

It's me said...

Nothing exciting at this side of the world...i am off to the shop now....making the shop ready for christmas......have a nice day darling......home alone....but you have your kids.......love from me...xxx..xxx...xxx...

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Gorgeous photos!!!

Just cleaning house and working on things for the store!!

Happy new week and enjoy the alone time.

:) Becky

Karen said...

Hi Shellagh- I know what you mean about hubbys traveling. Mine does too quite often. Love all your pics! So pretty!
xo~
Karen

Pearl said...

Cute Blog!
Lovely post! I love the autumn and all its pumpkins! I just did a little autumn in my home. Come check my blog out! and my lovely lace pumpkin.

Pearl

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pumpkins..Especially the painted ones..Have a great weekend..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin