Friday, February 3, 2012

~ruffles & stuff~

Happy Friday friends!!


What an amazing, beautiful day
here in the NW......

it is clear & sunny
and pretty mild ~ maybe 45 degrees heading
up to the 50's....
so lovely!! :)

I've been feeling like ruffles lately....
maybe it's the hope of spring...{oh love me some spring...}
and the lighter look of springtime & ruffles....
but, I've been sewing them....lots of them....


I guess I've been a little obsessed with ruffles ....
maybe it is the nice sunny weather
but maybe it's the huge stack of
yummy white fabric sitting here....
begging to be played with.....

so I said "ok"  let me see what I can do
with you ~ yummy white softness....


so I sat down & began to play around...
you know ~
 the most wonderful part of this
yummy, delicious fabric is....
it can be torn in a straight line....perfectly....
right along the grain...
ahhhhhh....a seamstress's heaven...;)


and don't you just love the torn look?
I sure do....torn everything...
torn ribbons, torn paper, torn books,
and of course....torn fabric...

and because of that ~ I left the ruffled edges
raw ~ and frayed....and I'm loving it!



made of the softest, highest quality
premium muslin....

and ready to add some springtime
shabby chic, romantic charm to your
"boudoir"
{love that word....boudoir....so fancy & romantic! :)}

if you'd like to take a look click

so of course ~ I couldn't stop there....
{nooooo....sun's still out ya know! ;)}

 I thought maybe we needed another
shabby ruffly chair slipcover...ya?

 I named her "Cecilia"
another swedish name to honor my swedish
heritage....
love that name!


so I did hem her edges....although I'm still thinkin
I might make another one with torn edges...

but here we have Cecilia
 light & ruffly for spring ~
romantic shabby chic yumminess for your home...


I'm also working on some designs for
chair backs....
the challenge is making them "one size fits all"
so I'm playing with it & coming up
with some ideas...


if you'd like a closer look at Cecilia
you can see her here


well do you have wonderful plans for
the weekend???

I'll leave you with
 a little something to dream about...

a little hollyhock love...


a little path to stroll down...


a little nature to admire...


a little porch to relax on...


have a wonderful weekend!!!

hope the sun is shining wherever
you are! :)




xoxoxo,



Shellagh


{garden images from here}








20 comments:

Maureen Wyatt said...

Is it strange that I have loved everything you have made? Not really - you are just that good! Now I want ruffles on my pillow slips! ~ Maureen

het tuinengeltje said...

I love it! All your pictures are beautifull. Here in Amsterdam lies 10 cm of white snow and the temperature is - 15 degrees. Brrrrrr.

Beybey, Sylvia

Urban Farmgirl said...

Well, no sun here today...I am sorry to say. ;o(

Loving those ruffled pillowcases...so pretty!

Have a great weekend!

Mary

It's me said...

Lots lots lots og snow here in Holland.......happy weekend darling....xxx..

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

love those ruffles!
xo
jill

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Loving all the ruffles:)
Happy Weekend~Cheryl

Bente said...

Love Cecilia. Beautiful.

Hugs Bente

Unknown said...

The sun poked through clouds for a few minutes today but I hope to see more on the weekend. Your slip is pretty and perfectly named, I must say. My late Mom's name is Cecilia. Cecilia Clare.

Anonymous said...

Oh so yummy is right!!! I love ruffles, I really want to sew some ruffled pillows, but I just can't quite get the ruffles right. Yours are just beautiful and perfect!
And I love your chair!!
Hope you have a great weekend Shellagh.
Sincerely,
Melinda

NanaDiana said...

I love all your sewing projects! You do wonderful work. That last photo in your post makes me want to transport myself right to that place-xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

I love all your sewing projects! You do wonderful work. That last photo in your post makes me want to transport myself right to that place-xo Diana

Pam @ Frippery said...

You are so talented! Just beautiful. Oh and thanks for those wonderful hollyhocks, my very favorite.

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow case..
Simply beautiful..

Unknown said...

soo sweet! love it! (do i spy some "props" from my shop?? made me smile!)

pballard said...

Good morning. Love your post.. I wonder where you live. I am in the valley of Oregon. You any where close. I am loving this beautiful weather too. It makes me want to run in so many different directions. Enjoy your day!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I just LOVE all your ruffles!!

Stina said...

So nice.:-) Stina

Unknown said...

hollyhocks!.....lovely ruffles!...smiles

Marina said...

Ciao..ma che sorpresa..ho trovato rouches anche qui da te...io adoro la biancheria da letto piene di rouches...sto cucendo tante cose ..cuscini, tovaglie , copripiumino...ecc...ci somigliamo!!!
Sono contenta di averti scoperta..ti seguirò volentieri!!!BaCI Marina

Atelier de Campagne said...

Great Blog you have. I Love hollyhocks, I take so many pictures when I'm on the island Ile de Ré. Thanks for using my picture, however would like to have credit when using my pictures.
Johan
Atelier de Campagne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin