Wednesday, October 10, 2012

~autumn inspiration~

Hello friends!


Been a little buried over here....but
wanted to stop in & say hello! :)


I'm getting ready to decorate my 
front porch ~ a little~

just barely enough to be some kind of
respectable blogger.....
sheesh....seriously!
how do you put up with me??? ;)

so I've been off browsing for inspiration.....


I like the simplicity of this one little
pumpkin in a zinc pot....


isn't this cute w/ the silver & pumpkins mixed 
together??



I know, I know....this doesn't look like a front porch....
I'm distracted....as usual! hehehe
it's the pinterest/facebook/blog/magazine ADD
kicking in!

ok.... f.o.c.u.s.....

front porches.....

find some that inspire me.....

k here goes....


I kinda like the look of piles of pumpkins
mixed in with the decorative cabbage....
I'm still trying to decide if I want color
~gasp~
or if I want to go with all neutrals...


my all time favorite picture is from Dusty Lu's....
~boy is she ever talented!

I absolutely love the white pumpkins & corn stalks 
mixed with the faded hydrangea blooms....


I'm still trying to find a place that has
white pumpkins...

I might just have to paint orange ones...

I love the asters planted in the pails too...
simple but beautiful!

I adore this next picture too....
I'm sure a lot of you have seen it...

it's been around the net awhile now...
but it's just gorgeous!


just need me some big ol' urns to dump
a pile of pumpkins into!

love it!

k back to color....
love the pumpkin topiaries...

you like?
or do you prefer the white pumpkins? (duh!)
hehehe


but seriously!
the bright orange is kinda fun!

did you see this one from 

such a great use for an old chair frame
you might have laying around!


ADD warning.....I'm back inside....
I'm thinking I love this little vignette...


super cute ~ I think they are spray painted pumpkins...
cute!

I love the scampering rats on the piano!
so fun!


well I'm off to get some corn stalks
and a few more pumpkins....

I think tomorrow is our last day
of sunshine...:(

we've had the most amazing weather...it has not
rained since I can even remember!!!
probably 2 1/2 or 3 months!!!

can you believe it??
but it starts this weekend....
pouring rain....
on it's way...
boo!


Normally I would ask you if you've
got your decorating done....

but I am pretty certain I'm one of the last 
ones so I won't even go there! haha!



Hope everything is going great!
Take care my friends!



xoxoxo,



Shellagh


{all images via








15 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh how I love the stacked pumpkins. So many wonderful ideas. Thanks.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I am now officially inspired to do something fall on my front porch!!
Love your ideas.

hugs
Sissie

Sami said...

Great suggestions! I like the stacked pumpkins, too, and last year I searched and searched for just the right stack but finally gave up when I found just one wonderful pumpkin. I seem to do less and less but since I have now realized that as a blogger I have an obligation..I will be visiting my pumpkin supplier soon. There is an absolutely marvelous purveyor of pumpkins at the Asheville NC Farmer's Market.

Unknown said...

You must think I stalk you...here, FB, Pinterest. I can always tell you posted before I see it's you.
That's because I LOVE your style!! I get so distracted with all this inspiration too....
Anyway, you asked if we decorated for fall. A little bit, a few white and grey pumpkins with old work boots. Happy Fall!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love all the pictures, but I gotta admit, the white pumpkins are my fave!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm still in love with white pumpkins for inside but I used oranges and browns for outdoor decor. It just seemed showier. ~ Maureen

Unknown said...

Hello Shellagh :-) Luvly ideas.
Cheers, Gee

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I haven't done anything! So good news, you aren't the last one :)
I love all of the photos you shared with us, the neutral palettes catch my eye the most.

~Shanon

PS I love my new white linen ruffled pillow cases and the burlap paris pillow case, thank you so much!

michele said...

loving the simplicity of the white pumpkin and zinc!

smiles to you.

michele

It's me said...

Beautiful autumn post darling....love Ria...xxx..

Pura Vida said...

some real inspiration here! love the zinc and I am liking all the white pumpkins this year

Anonymous said...

Put me down for some of those cute zinc pots and white pumpkins, too!!! I think I'm leaning pretty neutral this year...at least inside the house.: )
Love all the inspiring photo posts - no need for me to even go to Pinterest when I can just check in with you!
Hugs to you, Shellagh, I know it's not your favorite time of year - sending you smiles.: )
Leah

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Decisions, Decisions!!!!
I do love the all white!
MMMmmmm.
Have fun!
o, Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi,
hopped over from Lauries blog. I'm thinking you are her very talented sister. I loved the french blue throw on her chair. Happy to find your wonderful blog. Such great Fall inspiration! I love that large urn with pumpkins. I have been trying to find a couple. Love the chippy white finish. Now a new follower. Thinking I am going to order a throw.
Hugs,
Jann

PTS No 1 said...

What is your opinion on pumpkin topiaries versus arrangements featuring white pumpkins? Which do you find more appealing? Telkom University

Blog Widget by LinkWithin