Wednesday, June 22, 2011

~farmhouse love...in America~

Happy Wednesday friends!



Well summer is finally here!!
It's so nice to have the kiddos home from
school ~ and begin to enjoy the lazy
long days of summer!



the pools filled....the strawberries are
beginning to ripen.....and the S  U  N
has actually even been out!!
Now that's something to celebrate
around here! ;)


I'm loving this little bit of farmhouse
inspiration I found.....
oh to live on some land.....
that really is my dream.....
lot's of open spaces ~ with gardens in between...


is this just the cutest little potting station??
the charm of it all is just 2die4!
what is it about the old faucets and sinks?
they really evoke a feeling of nostalgia...


the inside of this home is just sweet
as can be, as well ~ classic fabrics
 and breezy window coverings....


so the antelope on the walls....
I am liking it ~ must admit....
they are antelope right??
I'm also really liking the vintage leather
chairs.....


I do suppose I'm hearing some moans and
groans with the blue dining room, eh?
well ~ yes it is a little more color than we all
like but I think it fits well in her home. 
And I am liking the travertine floors underneath...
oh ya ~ love me some travertine ~ anytime
anywhere~ :)


how about the barn wood on the wall heading
up the stairs?  I kinda like it ~ I really love
the ancestor's photos on the wall!  I'd love to do that
in our home somewhere.


ok ~ now we're gettin' somewhere....
I am in love with the simple farmhouse
bathroom.....I am in love with the simple
clawfoot tub.......
you with me??  Thought so! :)


love the simple farmhouse bedroom as well....
ahhhh can feel the gentle breeze coming through
the window......


lovely patio....I just love that wide open space~
the view.....anyone have a farmhouse for sale??
hee hee ~ jk of course.....I'll just keep pluggin'
along on my little cottage in suburbia....


Hope you all are having a wonderful start
to summer!!!



xoxo,



Shellagh




all photos courtesy of Country Living



27 comments:

Ido said...

Love those gardens and the barn wood on the wall, very pretty!
Have a lovely day!
XXX Ido

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Yep! I do love that bathroom, and the porch and bedroom, etc, etc. I think we can all recreate that feeling in our own homes...can't we? It may not look like the pictures but, it's ours. Enjoy your summer!~Hugs, Patti

Privet and Holly said...

YES. A post about
AMERICAN farmhouse
style, which I happen
to just LOVE!!!
xx Suzanne

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful pictures-each and every one. I really like that pop of green on the porch ceiling too! I sooo had that blue and white for years! xo Diana

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh, I wish I had a farmhouse after looking at all these lovely photos. Thanks for all the loveliness.

hugs
Sissie

outjunking said...

Whats not to love every picture had something I like and wanted in my own home.
Great pics,
Lisa

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, I love it all, Shellagh! Peaceful, simple living! And Travertine floors!! ;-D

XO,
Jane

creekside rummager said...

Great pictures, but that potting sink is just too cool. Ahhh - Dreaming of farmhouse days.

Anonymous said...

I love your pics of farmhouse living..Simple but so inviting..
Janet

Tricia said...

Love this look. It feels so cozy :)

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Shellagh,
you have some of my favorite magazine shots I have saved for reference to things I love.
Love that galvanized sink out side in the garden.

come for a visit :)
Hope you are planning a great summer!
xx
Dore

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Shellagh! 1. Got the clawfoot tub. 2. Got the wood beadboard ceiling. 3. Got the white walls with grain sack pillows. 4. Got the simple farmhouse bedroom. 5. Got the flower garden. 6. Here's your invitation to stay at Heaven's Walk whenever you want, sweetie! ♥

xoxo laurie

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous spaces! That outdoor seating is just divine! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

It's me said...

Beautiful !! enjoy a happy summer....love love Ria....xxx...

savvycityfarmer said...

oh my
oh my
oh my

I must own that ....


teehe

p.s. wedding pics are up

Maria said...

Wish you a great SUMMER ♥ Hugs from Maria

Unknown said...

wouldn't it be fun to drop in on her?....smiles.

Erica said...

I do love that bathroom! Gorgeous spaces!

Homeowner Insurance Plan

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful inspiration! I think my favorite is the green painted ceiling on the porch!

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Ahh....this post speaks to my heart. Thanks for that farmhouse inspiration! Have a lovely weekend!

BailiwickStudio said...

Me too - to have some land around the house to plant gardens in is my idea of a slice of heaven! ::Jill

dedicated exchange server hosting said...

Beautiful!

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love farmhouses! Great images. I especially love the potting table and the last two images.

~ Tracy

Kirsty Girl said...

Gorgeous!

Katherines Corner said...

Loved them all. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, love these images, especially the last one! Love your blog too!
-Jessica & Holly
Etsy.com/shop/chezjolly
<3

Essay Writing said...

Love this series of photos.....That is quiet an inspiring post!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin