Friday, October 23, 2009

~we're off to france~

OK...not really but if I were.... this gorgeous villa would be my choice of lodging..... Meet Le Moulin Bregeon....

does this picture just make your heart sing?



let's peak in the window...shall we?


plaster walls, fluffy bedding, linen sheets, sheer panels...and an open window to let in the fresh air.....mmmm...



or do we prefer this room?  love the distressed and scuffed up green door....and how about the flooring...the walls.... and the beams in the ceiling?



The bathroom has white washed wood walls....I love the smooth porcelain next to the woven basket, and the fluffy white towels on the shabby painted chair.....







the pale yellow armoire against the creamy plaster wall is so simple and perfect....



off to another bedroom to kick off your shoes ...

ok...chair love.....seriously....



this one has a wonderful bathroom....a bit bigger than the last...



A little spot to sit for a spell...



Need to send a postcard?



hungry?  Let's head to the kitchen ~
it's down the stairs, past this lovely cabinet...



just past the dining room




ah, here we are...and yes...I so need this shelf in my kitchen...please..and dishes too please...








how about we go outside to eat?




by the way,

do you love

 the sound

 of pea gravel

 crunching under your feet? 

I sure do...



we could eat here ....



or here...

I am so loving the vintage linen tablecloth...and the fresh cut flowers...


oh, look who's eating over there......




grazing by the guest cottage



 I hope you've enjoyed our weekend getaway....



See you next week!
 

I'm off to my favorite store.... Monticello Antique Mall!


I'll snap some pics to show you next week....
 

Shellagh

14 comments:

Diane said...

Love the green door and simple kitchens! Beautiful pictures. :O)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love them all! What a dream kitchen. Thank-you for the tour.
Ginger

Recaptured Charm said...

Auuughhhh! And I'd be right there with ya ! Breathtakingly beautiful. Looks so simple, serene, and comfortable. Heck, I'll even take the Guest Cottage. Nice visuals! Thanks
Lisa

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

What a great tour and beautiful home!! That's your vacation home right?? LOL, well we can dream anyways (;
Hugs~Kelly

Blondie's Journal said...

Shellagh,

These pictures are all of my dream rooms!! If you got them from a magazine, let me know because I want the mag for myself. You know, alot of the rooms and decor remind me of your house. And you have quite an eye in pointing out the best features and how things work well together. I think YOUR home should be in a magazine!!

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

You sure know how to find the best places to stay. Forget a weekend... I'm staying for a month!
And I'm with you regarding that shelf in the kitchen, Stunning!!
Great post, thank you!!

Unknown said...

Oh....I SO enjoyed these beautiful photos this morning...so glad you put them here! I'm recovering froma bad case of flu this work and really needed this inspiration. My favorite? The sitting are with the beautiful loveseat, iron coffee table and two Louis charis. I'm also feeling compelled to order several yards of pea gravel delivered! LOL! Love yur blog my friend!

Unknown said...

WOW!
Thankn you!
the best shortest trip I have been on in years...smiles.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

All beautiful, but the bathrooms....oh those bathrooms!!!!

Lisa said...

Shellagh,
That was the nicest trip I've taken in awhile, and the cheapest too! Love those images, I am crazy about the ornate white chair in the bedroom pic, I think there were 2 more in another pic. Awesome. You always have such good eye candy. Lisa

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Oh my goodness, Shellagh!! I never wanted those pictures to end!! Thanks for a wonderful post!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

FILIGREE MOON said...

Shellagh, I'm so glad you visited my blog today since that directed me to yours. Wow! I'll be back to read more thoroughly this evening, as your blog looks and reads like my favorite decor mags and books. Delightful! ~ Angela

savvycityfarmer said...

right now i cannot even breathe....

Dianna said...

I love textured walls too. My living and dinning walls are the original textured plaster.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin