Friday, July 6, 2012

bottles and blooms

Hello everyone!!!

Hope you're all doing well ~ with all
the crazy storms & heat!


We've had very mild weather here....
rain rain rain until just a few days ago,
but we've barely hit over 70.  Weird!

I was playing around with my camera again....:)



so you might have to endure
approximately 56 pictures
of my roses....

these are my David Austin roses...they smell so
amazing....and the color is the sweetest of
pale pinks...can't remember their name off the
top of my head...



the only thing I don't love about them is their
flimsy stems....because of it they don't do well
cut {what the heck huh??!!} but they look nice cut
short in tiny vases....



I love the old blue bottles....
I have just a few ~ but I'm seriously in love
with them.....


while we are looking at the pictures ~ I figured I
could give you an update on my body...
heehee  {cuz this you simply must know!! right??! ;) }

K ~ I have worked out 6 days a week for the last 12 weeks!
c.r.a.z.y.!!
3 days of weights, 3 days of cardio
well I do 30 minutes of cardio on my weight days
too so technically 6 days of cardio....



well ~ have I gotten anywhere?? you ask??
have I lost at least a pound you wonder??
do I hear 2 pounds perhaps??? ;)

well ~ yes!! 
 I've actually only lost 7
{whoopdee doodle doo...you might be thinking...}



but I've lost inches!  don't know how many
{cuz I wasn't feeling like measuring every square inch
of myself prior to this journey....}
but I did measure my waist...
which is now 3 inches smaller.....
and my clothes are definitely looser!

and Mr. T & T tells me every single day
how much different I look!
{course the natural female in me is thinking.....wow sorry I was
so hard on the eyes before dear....lol! }
I can tell too, but..... want more fat gone...


so I am continuing on.....I am loving building muscle...
don't want those jiggly wobbly grandma arms....
do want strong biceps, delts & triceps...

don't want my butt dragging on the ground...
do want a firm & shapely derriere....
{if possible....you see....;)}

don't want flabby saggy legs...
do want some serious definition....
{we'll keep our fingers crossed on that one with my 40+ legs...}



are you bored to death yet?? ;)

ok ~ I'll tell ya more in another 12 weeks! haha!

back to decorating then....
I got this cute little pale aqua table last week from

it's just the perfect amount of color.....
I have it behind my loveseat to put "stuff" on...;)


it's the perfect chippiness as well...
here's a little teensy peek...


I would show you a room shot but half
the slipcover is in the wash.....

but do you love the little legs??
and it folds up.........cute!


what's new in your life???
working on stuff??
projects??
body projects??

do tell!! :)



xoxoxo,



Shellagh

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your roses are simply gorgeous! And I am saying this as someone who doesn't even have artificial plants. (A black thumb here!)

Inmaculada said...

Maravillosas imágenes.
buen fin de semana......

Pura Vida said...

I could look at those roses all day long!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Your pics are always so gorgeous...I'm going to be very un-bloggy-etiquette-like and invite you to link up with our Hot Fun In The Summertime Party....five hosts, five entries....not too shabby (but very chic)LOL
Blessings, LOrraine

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

What stunning photos and roses...and I want your 70 degree weather! I'm in Houston and I am NOT a heat lover...
♥Linsey

Kelly said...

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Your story is very inspiring. Love those roses too. Ours have all dried up and died since it is so hot here. Would love to sprinkle sweet little pink roses around the house like you did. I know you're enjoying them. That is a very cute table too. Old tables like that add such character to a room.

Sandi said...

Your roses and table is gorgeous!!
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Your roses are so beautiful. I could look at them all day. Just finished the TV stand and starting the coffee table. Working on the bod, 5 days a week now. Been 4 weeks. I'll get back to you on that one. Thanks so much for sharing your roses.
Cheers!
Miss Ellie

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Love the photos of your roses! They are so pretty and I can almost smell their sweet scent! Congrats on staying with your workout routine! Progress is progress and you're making it! I want abs of steel LOL! Yeah, good luck, right? Have fun, stay cool! Hugs, Leena

Sarah said...

We'll take some of that rain, rain, rain. ;-)
You can also send the 70 temps our way.
Not bored at all with these gorgeous shots.
~ Sarah

NanaDiana said...

Great roses and congrats on the 7 pounds. If you are exercising you have really lost more than that-muscle weighs more than fat-so you are losing fat and gaining muscle..and soon you will just see the scale start dropping. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

June said...

Your pics are just gorgeous Shellagh! I love those beautiful aqua bottle SO much!!!
Great work girl on the workouts. I bet your feeling great too.
sending hugs...

It's me said...

Yeah !! you did it darling !! great workout for yourself.....nice !!..lovely weekend...xxx..

Anonymous said...

Congratulation's Shellagh!!~ So proud of you!
I love all of your beautiful photos and that table is gorgeous!!~
Our weather has been a bit strange hear in So Cal too, not too hot yet, mostly in the lower and upper 70's. Usually it's super hot by now.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

White Lace and Promises said...

You go girl! It's harder to get off when you're 50 plus!

summersoul said...

good for you. That is a tough thing to do. I have been exercising every day...hence the absence in the blogging world. It does feel so good, doesn't it. Keep it up. have a great sunday
MC

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my gosh, girl....you're putting me to shame!!!! Congrats on sticking with your workouts and losing all that weight!!! I'd jump and down for you, but I don't want to see my thighs jiggle...if ya know what I mean.

Love your DA roses! You are so blessed to have roses that are blooming yet. Our 2 week heat wave has really knocked mine for a loop. Even with all of my watering, there's nothing like a drink of water from heaven. :)

Hugs to you, WC sista! Have a fabulous week!

xoxo laurie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Found you through Heavens Walk...I am loving your rose pictures! You have a beautiful blog. I also love David Austin roses--I have the Eden and Wildeve that are beyond gorgeous right now. I am going to go follow you...looking forward to getting to know you!

Bethany Pete said...

I absolutely ADoRE your blog!!! Such wonderful pretties. I will be back often.

P.S. High five for such success in your weight loss journey!!! That. Is. Great!

michele said...

shellagh!

your blog is beautiful, and your shop is calling me to really do some damage there! i am your newest follower, and i hope you'll stop by and follow back.

i will be placing an order prob in the next week and am so thrilled to discover you and your skillz!

smiles.

michele

Fancy said...

I love the look of the pink blooms in the blue bottles!

Unknown said...

LOVELY images.....smiles

Anonymous said...

Buy Home cinema Projector

my blog post; http://www.clfinal2013.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin